Monday, October 25, 2010

Microsoft Analysis Service Performance 3

Now a new tip for the SSAS 2005.
  1. make attribute relationships
  2. remove unused aggregations
Then in any Normal Scenario [according to Microsoft], this will solve it unless you have the [Large Dimension Problem] then it will not affect anything.

the Large Dimension Problem starts when you have at least one dimension with 170,000 records and more. In my case I have 220,000 records So I guess there are no solution.

I read a lot about migrating from SSAS 2005 to SSAS 2008, and also from 32bit to 64bit. but the reviews still as it. it should enhance the memory usage, but the same processing.

another thing that might be interesting, when I browse from Excel 2007 @ the server things are mmm not that bad, but doing the same from a different computer, then the disaster happens when I get to the large dimension.

what Microsoft expect to have small dimensions for making them work fine !!!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment